Buying Guide for Satin Pajama Sets for Women
Why buy a satin pajama set?
Sure, your old workout tee or your significant other’s oversized clothes could do the trick. But if you want to treat yourself, there’s nothing better than a set of satin pajamas. From the luxurious feel of the soft fabric to the more stylized designs, they’re an excellent way to treat yourself, whether you’re wearing them just for bed or to lounge around the house.
What should you consider when shopping for a satin pajama set?
- Material: Satin is a style of fabric usually shiny on one side and dull on the other. While it was historically made from silk (which is more expensive), today, you can also find satin made from synthetic fibers like rayon, polyester, and acetate, as well as natural fibers like cotton. If you’re concerned about price, avoid silk as it’s a more expensive fiber. However, don’t forget that cotton tends to be more breathable than synthetic fibers.
- Style: Pajamas come in a variety of styles. When you think of sets, this usually means looking at tops and bottoms. In most cases, this is a shirt paired with shorts or pants. However, the shirt could be long sleeve or short. Likewise, consider whether you want a button-down shirt or a pullover. Also, consider whether you want pants or shorts with pockets or a drawstring versus an elastic waist. Remember that sets can also mean a satin nightgown with a matching robe.
- Design: You can choose classic options like piping trim, striped pajamas, or go modern with bolder prints.
- Care: Compared to silk, satin tends to be easier to care for. In most cases, this means that it’s usually at least machine washable. Not everyone wants to hand wash clothing so look at the care instructions before making a purchase.
- Fit: Usually, pajamas are sold with a slightly loose fit so that you have more room to move, which can be essential if you’re an active sleeper. Check the fit to ensure you’re not picking an option that would be too tight or uncomfortable for sleeping.
Is satin better than silk for pajamas?
The answer to this question comes down to a mix of preference and budget. Silk will always be preferable if you’re focused on a premium experience. Additionally, silk is a natural fiber versus many satin options made from synthetic fibers, so it tends to be more breathable. However, if you’re concerned about budget or ease of care, satin is usually a better option. Besides being cheaper than silk (especially if it’s made from anything other than silk fibers), most synthetic and cotton satin material is machine washable versus silk which must be hand washed.
Our Picks for the Best Satin Pajama Sets for Women
Pros: While most satin pajama sets tend to focus solely on the top and bottom, this one is an all-in-one solution that includes a matching tie-front robe. You’ll get a camisole with lace trim, matching pants, and a robe. With a wide range of styles and a comfortable, relaxed fit, this is the perfect way to drift off to dreamland.
Cons: Although cute, be prepared to hand wash this set only.
Bottom Line: If you’re shopping for a complete set along with a robe, this is a solid choice with quite a few floral patterns.
Pros: Whether you live in a cold climate or want an option that works year-round, this long-sleeve pant pajama set is a solid choice. It features a classic design with contrasting piping on the hems, wrist, and ankles. You’ll also like that the pants have pockets and elastic in the waistband for added comfort.
Cons: One common complaint we noted was that depending on the shade you selected, you could get a lot of dye bleeding when you washed the pajama set. In particular, this tended to be a problem for those who purchased red hues.
Bottom Line: This classic option with a long-sleeve button-down top and matching pants is perfect for gifting or treating yourself. With a wide range of colors, there’s truly something for everyone here.
Pros: For those seeking a classic satin pajama set, this two-piece set with shorts and a short-sleeve button-down shirt is a solid choice. Along with a casual fit, you’ll get a front chest pocket and accented piping trim on both the shirt and shorts. Plus, a simple elastic waistband makes getting in and out of these shorts easy to do.
Cons: Taller individuals noted that the inseam on the shorts was too short and could ride up, causing unsightly effects in the crotch. Additionally, the color differences between what’s shown on the product page and what arrives can be off-putting.
Bottom Line: Overall, this is a solid choice for anyone seeking a soft, luxurious satin pajama set with shorts. While there are many colors to choose from, be aware that the advertised color may not be exactly what you receive.
Pros: Another popular combination for satin pajamas is pairing a camisole with shorts. This classic offering will look great on a wide range of figures and features shorts with a higher hem and sexy side slits. Meanwhile, you’ll still get a relaxed fit for added comfort. Note that the fabric has elasticity so that it allows for more movement. Better still, this is machine washable.
Cons: Not everyone likes the idea of wearing shorts to bed or for lounging around the house. Also, some more-vibrant colors tended to leak dye in the wash.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking to up the ante in the bedroom, this racy short set will boost heartbeats. There’s a wide color selection which is ideal too.
Pros: When shopping with specific events in mind, you might be less concerned about a relaxed fit and more about the overall look you create. This sexy pajama set pairs a lacy set of shorts with a cami featuring lace insets throughout the bodice. Available in several colors, you’ll like that the shorts and cami top are see-through where it counts.
Cons: Keep in mind that the brand notes this outfit runs small. So, you’ll want to go up a size at a minimum. If you wear a larger bra size, the support can be nonexistent.
Bottom Line: Enjoy a special night with this beautiful, intricately designed pajama set that’s comfy and sure to leave an impression.
When you’re ready to step up your bedroom wardrobe, satin pajamas are a no-brainer. Whether you’re more focused on comfort or looking for something that’ll spice up the bedroom, there are plenty of options to fit your taste and budget.