Strong, toned arms are just a few weeks away thanks to our 30-day plan designed to gradually build the weight and reps, so by the time you’re done, you’ll be the proud owner of a pair of strong, toned arms.
Many people make the mistake of doing tons of arm exercises with light weights and high reps. This usually leads to arms that look the same year after year despite the effort. Instead, the focus should be on increasing strength in pressing and pulling exercises while still performing a few arm exercises to build muscle.
In this plan, you’ll do two different workouts, each consisting of three exercises. You’ll work out two days in a row, take the third day off and repeat for 30 days total. The sets, reps or weight increase over time. Start on the lighter side so you can make gradual progress over the next 30 days.
Are you ready? Let’s get started.
We’ve hand-picked six exercises that target your biceps and triceps.
- These are best done with a barbell, but dumbbells work, too.
- Use a grip that’s slightly narrower than shoulder width.
- Keep your back slightly arched and tuck your elbows tight to your sides.
- Coaching Tips
- Place your hands slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Keep a straight line from your head to toes and tuck your elbows to your sides on the way down.
- If you’re not ready to do pushups from the floor, elevate your hands on a bench or a wall (and check out this article for more pushup tips).
- Coaching Tips
- Use a cable machine or resistance band.
- Keep your elbows tucked tightly to your sides.
- Stand tall the whole set; don’t lean forward or arch your lower back.
- Use a barbell or dumbbells with a pronated (palms down) grip.
- Hinge your hips back into a deadlift or kettlebell swing position.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together as you pull the bar toward your belly button.