Contributor Kara Stout is back to add frightfully delicious flavor to your Halloween party this year with her Spooky Sangria! Read on for the recipe, plus learn more about overcoming your fear of incorporating dry ice into your entertaining repertoire.
With Halloween already ‘creeping’ up on us, we’re planning our costumes, decorating, carving pumpkins, possibly listening to “Monster Mash” and definitely gathering ideas for the perfect Halloween party! I created this delicious, easy-to-make Spooky Sangria to help you spook and delight your party guests’ taste buds! This simple sangria, which consists of beautiful fruit, cinnamon, edible flowers and dry ice cubes, creates the perfect Halloween cocktail.
What’s more, this spooktacular cocktail is also great to sip on while watching scary movies all night, or for when you want to indulge in some adult fun while trick-or-treaters ring the doorbell.
Makes 6-7 servings
- 1 bottle of your favorite red wine
- 1 cup blueberry juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 1/3 cup gold raspberries
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1-2 handfuls edible flowers
- 1 block dry ice
- Add all ingredients except the flowers to a punch bowl or sangria pitcher, and mix well.
- Place in fridge for at least one to two hours to allow fruit and cinnamon to infuse into the mix. The longer you let it chill, the more infusion that occurs, so feel free to let it chill up to six hours!
- Take out of fridge and add edible flowers.
- When ready to serve, add your dry ice! You can either add it to the whole bowl, each individual drink or both. Cheers!